About Me

My photo
Concord, California, United States
I am a sometimes-writer, everyday mama, creative failure and experimental cook. I am interested in living a beautiful life, spending time with my family and making things that I can feel proud of. When I'm by myself I'm usually outside. Don't bother calling because chances are that I didn't bring my cell phone because I couldn't find it. If you see me walking, it's because I lost my keys and if you see me with only one child... I'm probably in big trouble.

Friday, December 31, 2010

Good-bye 2010

Normally this post would be about the inspirational year that we had. I'd reminisce about the good times and talk about the lessons that I learned and the people who touched and motivated me. I'd look fondly back on my year and celebrate it. This post will not follow that formula. I will further resist the temptation to list an inventory of our 2010 misfortune because I'm really ready to put it all behind me.

Not to start the day out on a sour note, but I have never, ever, ever, ever been so pleased to bid adieu to a calendar year before! I remember last year when Jay was in Philadelphia and I was in Florida visiting my parents for the holiday. I told everyone who would listen to me talk that our separation was surely a bad omen for the year to come. And because 2010 sucked one mighty large lemon, I have become a superstitious woman.

Of course, this isn't negative. This is GREAT! One day to go. One day, and I am at the end of a terrible chapter in an otherwise good book. But because the year has sucked so badly it only makes sense that on the last day I'd wake up to find Sidney poop on my kitchen floor and pee on my couch and a broken tv (not really broken. Just broken in a way that only jayholler knows how to undo). Fully, I anticipate being robbed at work today and then getting hit by a car on the way home...

But not fatally...

Because I have a good feeling about 2011!!!!!! Something tells me that the year to come is going to be fantastic!

Today after work we are all bundling up and heading over to The Battleship New Jersey to watch the early fireworks show from on board. The girls are super excited to see our friends MJ and their family and everyone loves fireworks! Then, MJ are coming over with the kids to play apples to apples and ring in the New Year.

As far as resolutions go, I'm not sure that I have any true resolutions yet. I know that I'd like to adjust my diet and reduce my carbs again. I just feel so much better when I don't eat any flour or sugar. Both make me sluggish and bloated.

Also, I'd like to blog each day. Whether that be in this blog or in my Little Shop of Hollers blog, I'd really like to put something up each day.

I want to move out of the city.

And be really wonderful to my husband and children.

I want to knit regularly for BGES.

I'll think about my resolutions more today so that they are a little bit more insightful and meaty tomorrow!

Oh, and everyone, HAVE A HAPPY AND SAFE NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy your families and your friends and your food and the very air you breathe. Love a lot! Scream loudly at midnight and kiss the person next to you! Hug everyone in sight. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

4 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to a new year, even though it is just an artificial designation due to the calendar our particular society uses, it does have a psychological effect. 2010 was the shittiest year of my life, as well as our family's. We can't have it any worse in 2011. Hopefully at some point I will be able to feel stimulus greater than just pressure on the lower 75% of my body, that would be nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to make one of my New Years resolutions to help you feel stimulus on the lower 75% of your body...

    but I didn't want to be a pervert on the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year!!
    New Year's 2011 Fireworks Celebrations Around the World
    http://fireworks2011.blogspot.com/
    Demo on YouTube
    http://youtu.be/sDlFKY8JdEU
    http://youtu.be/QlQ3b0TfiFM
    http://youtu.be/FB7Wr_tfkFM
    http://youtu.be/ecbYCkSVzMw
    http://youtu.be/9Qe0Bp24bUw

    ReplyDelete