About Me

My photo
Concord, California, United States
I am a sometimes-writer, everyday mama, creative failure and experimental cook. I am interested in living a beautiful life, spending time with my family and making things that I can feel proud of. When I'm by myself I'm usually outside. Don't bother calling because chances are that I didn't bring my cell phone because I couldn't find it. If you see me walking, it's because I lost my keys and if you see me with only one child... I'm probably in big trouble.

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas Cookies

Lila is feeling a bit better today. She still has a fever, but it's way down. In bad news, I also have a fever, chills and a sore throat. This should be an interesting week.

We needed to stay in for another day, but decided to craft it up. I went out earlier in the day (by myself) and grabbed a bunch of stocking stuffers. So now I'm done. My Christmas shopping is now complete. Case closed. Let the wrapping begin.

This afternoon the girls and I threw together some sugar cookies. We cut them into squares and trees and then whipped up some vanilla frosting. I had some chocolate frosting sitting around that we were able to use. After coloring the frosting, we spooned it into plastic baggies and then cut off the tips.

Here is the result!

photo-148

photo-143

Lila's monster cookie
photo-145

And of course, Lila is covered in chocolate and frosting! It's even in her hair!
photo-144

Also, you'll notice that there are way less cookies as we finished than there were when we began our cookie making magic. You do the math. Heh.

1 comment: