About Me

My photo
Concord, California, United States
I am a sometimes-writer, everyday mama, creative failure and experimental cook. I am interested in living a beautiful life, spending time with my family and making things that I can feel proud of. When I'm by myself I'm usually outside. Don't bother calling because chances are that I didn't bring my cell phone because I couldn't find it. If you see me walking, it's because I lost my keys and if you see me with only one child... I'm probably in big trouble.

Friday, December 3, 2010

What's Wrong With My Husband's Feet

The image here is a picture of my husband's TOTALLY RELAXED foot. He is not, I repeat, IS NOT stretching his toes to the ceiling. His toes point upward, all of the time and there's nothing that he can do about it.

Like, THAT'S the way his foot is NATURALLY.

When Jay doesn't have socks and shoes on, his toes are all I can see. If they had a voice they'd be screaming bad, 90's metal music at me through a megaphone while holding an ambulance siren.

He says that they don't bother him. But I can't imagine that this isn't going to cause some terrible problem eventually.

At some point he's not going to be able to put them in shoes anymore.

8 comments:

  1. Did his parents make him wear clown shoes as a child? Or something like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking that perhaps he had a secret career as a professional ballet dancer and this was caused by those wretched toe shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my feet are like that too. when i went to get x-rays of my ankles a couple times from spraining them, the techs asked me to relax, i said i was, that is what my feet are like. they looked worried but carried on. i can bend them back by themselves so they are perpendicular to my foot and put a plate on them or something. weird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. huh.

    Well, it's a relief to know that my husband is not alone!

    I wonder if it's some sort of evolution thing. Like, maybe you're far more evolved than the flatfoots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My foot is exactly like this with a huge ark though lol it's weird. At 1st I thought it was normal then people pointed it out lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. My foot is exactly like this with a huge ark though lol it's weird. At 1st I thought it was normal then people pointed it out lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tell him to get it checked out by a podiatrist. It might be a foot (like flat foot, but the opposite) which might cause problems further on. Not to scare you but I have something similar and ended up on your blog by searching on it :)

    ReplyDelete