About Me

My photo
Concord, California, United States
I am a sometimes-writer, everyday mama, creative failure and experimental cook. I am interested in living a beautiful life, spending time with my family and making things that I can feel proud of. When I'm by myself I'm usually outside. Don't bother calling because chances are that I didn't bring my cell phone because I couldn't find it. If you see me walking, it's because I lost my keys and if you see me with only one child... I'm probably in big trouble.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Mama Needs to Lay Off the Sauce

I don't know what came over me last night.

An old friend of mine, E, picked me up at four from work. We had plans to go out and grab a bite to eat. He was driving, so I decided that he should drive us over to my very favorite restaurant in Philly. I never go out to dinner and about 80% of that never sees me out on the town without my children and husband.

And for whatever reason...

I got this really delicious berry martini called a Wild Child. And I was actually just really thirsty. And it was chilled and smooth a deceitfully quenching. But I kept on drinking and drinking and drinking. I mean, I drank A LOT of alcohol and I REGRET IT.

I woke up in the middle of the night with my hands on my pounding head thinking "WHY DID I DO THIS?" I mean, how embarrassing to see someone for the first time in years and get plastered on fancy cocktails? I EVEN ordered a chocolatini for DESSERT!

It will likely be a good chunk of time before I have another drink... I'm just going to make it through my day with bloodshot eyes and a dry mouth. Ew.

4 comments:

  1. That is the worst! Every now and then drinks get away from me too. You're having fun, it tastes good...and before you know it: cotton mouth and a hangover from hell.

    Guzzle water!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fancy drink hangovers are the worst. The sugar combined with the alcohol means hangover plus sugar crash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find that scrambled eggs help a lot!

    I'm so embarrassed! Never again!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete