About Me

My photo
Concord, California, United States
I am a sometimes-writer, everyday mama, creative failure and experimental cook. I am interested in living a beautiful life, spending time with my family and making things that I can feel proud of. When I'm by myself I'm usually outside. Don't bother calling because chances are that I didn't bring my cell phone because I couldn't find it. If you see me walking, it's because I lost my keys and if you see me with only one child... I'm probably in big trouble.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Is My Child Strange?

It occurred to me that this is not a typical conversation in everyone's home. But it happens here, pretty much every night.

Me: Okay, how does spaghetti and meatballs sound for dinner tomorrow night?

Lila: Can I choose?

Me: Sure. What do you want?

Lila: I want spinach... and... broccoli... and... those things that are round and green... uh... BRUSSEL SPROUTS. I want brussel sprouts. I want spinach and broccoli and brussel sprouts. Okay?

2 comments:

  1. would she make eat that if you made it? i think it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha!

    Green veggies are her favorites. She begs for them and they're always the first thing that she goes for.

    Personally, I think it's weird. But healthy!

    ReplyDelete