About Me

My photo
Concord, California, United States
I am a sometimes-writer, everyday mama, creative failure and experimental cook. I am interested in living a beautiful life, spending time with my family and making things that I can feel proud of. When I'm by myself I'm usually outside. Don't bother calling because chances are that I didn't bring my cell phone because I couldn't find it. If you see me walking, it's because I lost my keys and if you see me with only one child... I'm probably in big trouble.

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Once A Year

As much as I love Christmas, I am so glad that it doesn't happen more than once every year. I am EXHAUSTED! As we were leaving our house yesterday and closing the door on a living room scattered with open toys, tiny plastic pieces, gift bags and unopened goodies... I realized that I am the sort of person who does not like to host Christmas at my house. I like to leave. I was so relaxed yesterday, which is a huge difference from the me you'll find on a day when we host the holiday. I didn't have to worry about clutter or cleaning up. I just fancied up myself and my children, fixed Lila's new Bump-It onto her head (which held up shockingly well all day), and closed the door!

Here are some pictures of the before and after's of our Christmas gifting!


IMG_0197

IMG_0196

And then, the after...

photo-160

photo-159

photo-158

All Fancy

photo-162

Clearly Bunny is a movie star in that red lipstick of mine.
photo-161

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures from my day at J's. I wish that I did. I always forget... It's a shame too. I could have taken them with my new iphone housed in it's new case.

No comments:

Post a Comment