About Me

My photo
Concord, California, United States
I am a sometimes-writer, everyday mama, creative failure and experimental cook. I am interested in living a beautiful life, spending time with my family and making things that I can feel proud of. When I'm by myself I'm usually outside. Don't bother calling because chances are that I didn't bring my cell phone because I couldn't find it. If you see me walking, it's because I lost my keys and if you see me with only one child... I'm probably in big trouble.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Years Resolutions

These aren't necessarily resolutions as much as they are things I'd like to see happen or change and that are completely within my power. Last year felt very out of control for me. This year I'd like to take control of my life and live and enjoy it.

1.) Get off and stay off of flour and sugar.

2.) Stop adding salt to my food and cook using less of it.

3.) Accept my body as it is (I've made great strides here in the past year... but I'm not totally there yet).

4.) Care less what people think of me.

5.) Spend more time with my family.

6.) Live more naturally. Be more careful about the food I eat, body care and cleaning products.
7.) Move out of the city and to a place that feels safe. Create a home there.

8.) Have more date nights with my husband.

9.) Be more patient with my husband and children. Stop stressing the small stuff. Leave the dishes in the sink overnight. Leave the bed unmade (well, maybe not the bed... but you catch my drift).

10) Stop spending money on lunch at Whole Foods. Bring it.

11.) Find a sincere way to compliment my children every day.

12.) Knit like crazy.

13.) Start painting again.

14.) Drink less wine and more water

15.) Continue to be careful about the company I keep. Remember that it's better to have fewer friends who you can trust than to have many people in your life who don't value or respect you.

16.) Walk at least 3 miles a day, five days a week.

17.) Write at least one blog entry each day. If I don't have anything to write about I can always post a picture.

18.) Remember to say please and thank you... even to people who are familiar and who I forgot to speak politely to.


1 comment:

  1. Your list looks amazing! quite a few of them are things that I'd like to incorporate in my own life, too.

    I hope and pray that 2011 is your best year yet. It can't possibly be worse than 2010. :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete