About Me

My photo
Concord, California, United States
I am a sometimes-writer, everyday mama, creative failure and experimental cook. I am interested in living a beautiful life, spending time with my family and making things that I can feel proud of. When I'm by myself I'm usually outside. Don't bother calling because chances are that I didn't bring my cell phone because I couldn't find it. If you see me walking, it's because I lost my keys and if you see me with only one child... I'm probably in big trouble.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Migraine

It's been years since I was hit hard by migraine. After having Lila I went through a terrible period of nearly constant migraine. After recovering from that I have gotten one here or one there, but nothing severe. I haven't had a period with multiple migraines that are all back to back.

Until this week, of course.

For unknown reasons I experienced several terrible migraines this week. Yesterday was the worst. I am able to fight the pain of them off with medication, but then other things happen. Like, my head feels groggy and I don't process thoughts as well. Last night, my plans to drink wine and watch movies went in the garbage disposal. I ended up tucked into my bed and in a deep sleep immediately after putting Lila to bed. Jay set my alarm for 6:30 because I notice that a disruption in my sleep pattern seems to make things worse and when I got out of bed this morning I felt so much better.

Let's hope that this isn't something that's going to happen to me often. I can live with many, many things... migraine is not one of them.

I suspect that I am getting them because my hormones are a little bit weird this month.

2 comments:

  1. ugh. i hope you feel better. i think hormones is a good bet, but whatever, i hope they go away fast. i am glad jay is helping take care and noticing what helps you. feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think hormones is probably a good bet too... although since I have been indulging in chocolate a little more than usual I think that may be the cause of mine... but maybe not... could be the life inside messing with my life. LOL

    ReplyDelete