About Me

My photo
Concord, California, United States
I am a sometimes-writer, everyday mama, creative failure and experimental cook. I am interested in living a beautiful life, spending time with my family and making things that I can feel proud of. When I'm by myself I'm usually outside. Don't bother calling because chances are that I didn't bring my cell phone because I couldn't find it. If you see me walking, it's because I lost my keys and if you see me with only one child... I'm probably in big trouble.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Stomach Flu 2010

Dear My Immune System,

I know that you've been working hard for awhile and that times are tough with stress, bed bug bite flareups and whatnot. And I know that the thought of putting your feet up and and taking a little break from the constant battle of germs and bacteria whose armies just get bigger and stronger by the month must be a serious temptation.

I just want to tell you how much I appreciate your hard work through that first month of school when my children inevitably act as vehicles for the illnesses that they pick up, bring home and pass around.

And though I know it's nearly Halloween and we're all very fortunate to have avoided viral gastroenteritis until now, please don't let me catch the crummy, pukey, poopy bug that Lila had yesterday and Bunny has this morning. Please, please, please fight it.

I promise, if you can just do me this one favor, I'll disinfect every inch of my home with Lysol. No holds barred.

With love and admiration,

MamaH

No comments:

Post a Comment