About Me

My photo
Concord, California, United States
I am a sometimes-writer, everyday mama, creative failure and experimental cook. I am interested in living a beautiful life, spending time with my family and making things that I can feel proud of. When I'm by myself I'm usually outside. Don't bother calling because chances are that I didn't bring my cell phone because I couldn't find it. If you see me walking, it's because I lost my keys and if you see me with only one child... I'm probably in big trouble.

Friday, June 8, 2012

Sherbert Holler. Protector of Cherries

A lot of people have been surprised that we've been able to eat so many cherries from our cherry tree.  Usually people have to fight the birds for them and being that people live inside and birds live outside (and have the benefit of finding housing in the trees themselves) people lose and birds win.

But, not in my case.

We've done very little fighting  for the cherries.  No bird stops on our cherry tree for more than 15 seconds, never mind stopping for long enough to lose itself in the sweet pleasure of an afternoon cherry.

We have a secret weapon.

His name is Sherbert and he can both climb the cherry tree and get down from the cherry tree.  There's even a nice Sherbert sized branch that he likes to wait rest on.


This is the face he makes while he's resting in the tree.


All I can say is that it's a good thing that Sherbert has a bell on his collar.

No comments:

Post a Comment