About Me

My photo
Concord, California, United States
I am a sometimes-writer, everyday mama, creative failure and experimental cook. I am interested in living a beautiful life, spending time with my family and making things that I can feel proud of. When I'm by myself I'm usually outside. Don't bother calling because chances are that I didn't bring my cell phone because I couldn't find it. If you see me walking, it's because I lost my keys and if you see me with only one child... I'm probably in big trouble.

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Homemade Chubby Hubby Fudge




INGREDIENTS

6 cups sugar
4 sticks unsalted butter
2 (5oz) cans evaporated milk

3 boxes bakers semi-sweet chocolate squares
2 containers marshmallow fluff
A hellalot of vanilla extract

1 bag of pretzels

1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 bag white chocolate chips

HOW TO:

Line a 9x13' pan with tin foil

Bring the first three ingredients to a rolling boil on medium heat, stirring constantly.

Once at a rolling boil, continue stirring and allow to boil for 6 minutes.  Time it.  It's important.  If you cook it too long it will be hard and if you don't cook it for long enough it won't solidify. Use the soft ball method to be sure!  Don't trust a candy thermometer.  I've seen too many candy casualties from those who have fallen for the technological seduction of the candy thermometer.

Remove from heat.

Quickly add the next three ingredients and stir until fully mixed and pour into the pan.

Lay pretzels in rows on top.

Melt white chocolate in the microwave in a glass bowl.  Put it on for 30 seconds at a time and stop it to stir.  When fully melted add your peanut butter and mix it in.

Drizzle peanut butter mixture over top of the fudge.

Enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment