About Me

My photo
Concord, California, United States
I am a sometimes-writer, everyday mama, creative failure and experimental cook. I am interested in living a beautiful life, spending time with my family and making things that I can feel proud of. When I'm by myself I'm usually outside. Don't bother calling because chances are that I didn't bring my cell phone because I couldn't find it. If you see me walking, it's because I lost my keys and if you see me with only one child... I'm probably in big trouble.

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Adventures in Zucchini- challenge 3

I've been getting really creative with my round zucchini and it was only a matter of time before I hollowed a few out and made them into bowls!

This just came out of the oven!

It would have been vegan had I not found myself compelled to toss a piece of swiss cheese onto the top of each zucchini.











Step One:  Hollow your zucchini!
Step Two: Saute your zucchini guts in a pan with veggies of your choice.  I used onion, yellow squash, red pepper and tomato.  You can use whatever you'd like.
Step Three: Add vegetable broth and let it simmer!
Step Four: Add cooked pasta of your choice.
Step Five: Stuff your zucchini and stick them in the oven at 350 for a half an hour.
And maybe even put a little bit of cheese on there for good measure.

And then pick it off when it's time for Bunny to eat hers!  :)

All in all this was a huge success. Both of the girls loved it and I feel like it was pretty healthy.

I have to say, I've been pretty blessed with kids who love vegetables.  Lila hates meat and Bunny won't eat the bread on anything, but both of them are pretty great when it comes to vegetables.













No comments:

Post a Comment