About Me

My photo
Concord, California, United States
I am a sometimes-writer, everyday mama, creative failure and experimental cook. I am interested in living a beautiful life, spending time with my family and making things that I can feel proud of. When I'm by myself I'm usually outside. Don't bother calling because chances are that I didn't bring my cell phone because I couldn't find it. If you see me walking, it's because I lost my keys and if you see me with only one child... I'm probably in big trouble.

Monday, June 4, 2012

The Growth Hormone Fairy Has Been Visiting My Yard

 We grew this (both the child AND the squash)!

It fell off of the vine today and we're going to eat it tomorrow night.  Jay had to work this evening, so we're waiting for him (that way if it's poisonous and we all die, we'll do it as a family). It's our first, official, homegrown food.
 My pumpkins poked through the soil!
Bunny's corn has sprouted!

















 Groovy-James and Sidney are still stalkers.
And my cardinal creepers are creeping (maybe Groovy-James and Sidney have been taking lessons).

3 comments:

  1. All going as a family - that's a good approach. :)

    Girly sometimes wants me to taste certain foods in case they're poisonous. What the???

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha... I actually think about this often. I opened paper towels yesterday that had a mark on the top and thought, "I hope that's not skin eating acid," and wiped my hands with a grimace. hahahha...

    ReplyDelete
  3. "(that way if it's poisonous and we all die, we'll do it as a family)." HAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete