About Me

My photo
Concord, California, United States
I am a sometimes-writer, everyday mama, creative failure and experimental cook. I am interested in living a beautiful life, spending time with my family and making things that I can feel proud of. When I'm by myself I'm usually outside. Don't bother calling because chances are that I didn't bring my cell phone because I couldn't find it. If you see me walking, it's because I lost my keys and if you see me with only one child... I'm probably in big trouble.

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Picture of the Day #5 Vacation Post

I forgot to update this last night!

My day was pretty relaxing.

We woke up and swam in my parents pool. Bunny and I swam laps and Lila cheered us on.  When we headed out to the gym, my mom's trainer stopped me and said that she saw me training on Tuesday and wants to help me correct some things that I'm doing.  While I appreciate this and will totally meet up with her and keep and open mind. I somewhat resist.  I've had some very fit friends in the past who have really bullied me into doing more that I wanted/was comfortable with.  Very fit people often think that everyone should be the absolute best that they can be physically.  In my case, I want to be healthy and I want to move my body... but I don't want to challenge myself all of the time.  I don't need to be my personal best.  I want to get on the treadmill and put on some music that I like and jog a bit... losing myself in my thoughts.  I want to walk to do my errands instead of driving.  I want to carry 50 lb bags of compost around my garden and use my whole body to pull out weeds and use the manual clippers to clip back my bushes and shrubs.  I also don't mind getting on the weight machines and targeting an area or two.  But I don't want to push myself further than I thought I could go.  I want to push myself to a comfortable place and enjoy myself.  Sometimes I feel like superfit people do not understand this because they see the potential for other people to be as fit as they are.  But I just want to enjoy my life and strenuous workouts do not make me feel good and successful.  They make me feel bad and defeated and that makes me want to sit on the couch and eat doritos.  

Anyway, after working out we went to lunch at the resort and followed it by many hours of swimming.

After coming home we ordered Chinese food, which is like a dieters Hell of grease and sugar masked as deliciousness.  

I think that the girls are tired of the water, so this afternoon I'm going to bring them into downtown Naples, eat a little Sashimi and window shop.

Here are a few pictures from yesterday!

After dinner swim at my parents house.


I couldn't resist a picture of the delicious salad that I had for lunch.  Watercress, arugula, chicken, tomato and red pepper in a lemon vinaigrette.  Delicious.  

No comments:

Post a Comment