About Me

My photo
Concord, California, United States
I am a sometimes-writer, everyday mama, creative failure and experimental cook. I am interested in living a beautiful life, spending time with my family and making things that I can feel proud of. When I'm by myself I'm usually outside. Don't bother calling because chances are that I didn't bring my cell phone because I couldn't find it. If you see me walking, it's because I lost my keys and if you see me with only one child... I'm probably in big trouble.

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Spearmint Tea

This is the easiest drink in the world!

It's delicious, thirst quenching and super-slim.

All that you need to do is fill a large pot with water.

Chop a small cluster of spearmint and add it to the water.

Bring the water to a boil and allow it to reduce by 50%

Add 6 black tea bags and allow them to steep for 3-5 minutes

Remove the tea bags and most of the spearmint.  I like to leave a few pieces of spearmint in the pot because they make a nice garnish.

Let the tea cool (I am impatient and stick the whole pot in my freezer for an hour).

After the tea has cooled transfer it to your pitcher, pour yourself a glass and enjoy.

This tea is so minty and flavorful that I find sweeteners to be unnecessary.

It's refreshing and nice on the breath as well!

Enjoy the warm weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment