About Me

My photo
Concord, California, United States
I am a sometimes-writer, everyday mama, creative failure and experimental cook. I am interested in living a beautiful life, spending time with my family and making things that I can feel proud of. When I'm by myself I'm usually outside. Don't bother calling because chances are that I didn't bring my cell phone because I couldn't find it. If you see me walking, it's because I lost my keys and if you see me with only one child... I'm probably in big trouble.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Inspiration Pinterest

One of my favorite new things is Pinterest!

Every time I go onto that site I feel so inspired and motivated to make beautiful things.  More often than not I work on spontaneity and compulsion.  I'll find whatever I can around my house to recreate the inspiration to some degree.

Recently I pinned a vase full of flowers and sliced lemons onto my wall and have been toying with the idea of making it ever since.  Flowers are truly one of my joys in life.  When I got married they were one of the only things that mattered to me.  They just have the ability to make a plain room gorgeous.  When I have a vase full of colorful flowers on my table I feel total peace and pure happiness.  They're mood altering to me, nearly medicinal.

Today, I made this, and I LOVE it.

I am unable to stop admiring this!

It's contents come entirely from my yard.






























PURE HAPPINESS

4 comments:

  1. THAT IS BEAUTIFUL...just like you, my awesome friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laura!

    I will have to talk to you today. I need some motivation from my personal motivational speaker, Laura Seymour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I'm sure you've noticed - I'm OBSESSED with Pinterest! I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too. Jay keeps trying to get me to explain exactly why I love it and why it speaks to me more than Facebook or Twitter... but I can't. I just feel so inspired every time I go onto the site. I have put so many of the ideas I've seen there in motion and I feel so gratified when people repin pictures of things that I have made myself.

    ReplyDelete