About Me

My photo
Concord, California, United States
I am a sometimes-writer, everyday mama, creative failure and experimental cook. I am interested in living a beautiful life, spending time with my family and making things that I can feel proud of. When I'm by myself I'm usually outside. Don't bother calling because chances are that I didn't bring my cell phone because I couldn't find it. If you see me walking, it's because I lost my keys and if you see me with only one child... I'm probably in big trouble.

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Weight Update 13 Weeks

My post yesterday says just about everything, so I don't have much to write today.

I am feeling much better than I was three months ago and am just generally really proud of myself for making healthy choices and not beating myself up when I have a little splurge here and there.  I am learning that splurges and treats are a valuable part of life and so long as I am honest about them and I plan them, they are well worth it.   With some hard work I am wearing down my all-or-nothing mentality and honestly I am feeling pretty good about myself for a change!

This week I lost 1 pound, which brings my total to 32 pounds in 13 weeks.

Today we are leaving for a camping trip and I'm trouble shooting a potential food trap by planning my food ahead of time.  I have allotted myself lots of great treats and even a couple of beers, but I am staying within my calorie target.  I find that it helps me a lot to know how much I can eat before I sit down to a meal.  If I have boundaries, I normally will not overstep them.  When I don't, I miscalculate how much I can/should eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment