About Me

My photo
Concord, California, United States
I am a sometimes-writer, everyday mama, creative failure and experimental cook. I am interested in living a beautiful life, spending time with my family and making things that I can feel proud of. When I'm by myself I'm usually outside. Don't bother calling because chances are that I didn't bring my cell phone because I couldn't find it. If you see me walking, it's because I lost my keys and if you see me with only one child... I'm probably in big trouble.

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

4th of July

Happy 4th of July, American friends!

Once, I spent the 4th of July in England and it was kind of surreal not to have a nationwide waft of charred hot dogs riding the breeze from coast to coast.  They did, however, have a parade (or maybe a protest?) on the streets of Oxford that day and I specifically remember that there was more than one person holding up a picture of George W. with a big "X" across his face.  And it was around this time that I got a real understanding of why I should start telling people that I was Canadian.

But enough of this anti-patriotic post on such a patriotic day.  Go, Go America!  Let's here it for the boy!  Let's shoot our fireworks into the sky, drink our cold beer out of cans and eat a few million ears of corn on the cob.  Let's do this with our friends because we are free to do so and I like that about us!

I have been scrambling to do my normal housework while taking care of kids and doing a little bit of food prep too.  Jay hasn't had a day off and on the days that he works he basically works and sleeps and that's it.  Also, Dancer has been giving me a run for my money.  Yesterday he and Groovy-James took off at the same time.  It was a nightmare.  I will have to take some extra precautions to be sure that they don't get out today.

So, on the flip side, Dancer woke me up in the middle of the night barking like crazy and he probably saved me from a really awful morning.  Our front door was wide open.  All pets but Sherbert (who I am not too worried about) and both children are safe and sound, but I am grateful to him.  Can you imagine what a mess I'd be today if I woke up to find all of my pets and Dancer MIA and the front door wide open?

I hope that everyone enjoys their day in good company!  Happiness around!

No comments:

Post a Comment