About Me

My photo
Concord, California, United States
I am a sometimes-writer, everyday mama, creative failure and experimental cook. I am interested in living a beautiful life, spending time with my family and making things that I can feel proud of. When I'm by myself I'm usually outside. Don't bother calling because chances are that I didn't bring my cell phone because I couldn't find it. If you see me walking, it's because I lost my keys and if you see me with only one child... I'm probably in big trouble.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The Mathew's Wedding

We headed out to Denver last week.  Not only was it my dear friend Mathew's wedding, but it was also the first time that my girls were able to spend any true time with Matthew and Mathew or Siet and Jenny. After hearing so much about them for so many years, Bunny and Lila couldn't wait to get to know them.  Adding to the anticipation was the fact that the Mathew's asked Bunny and Lila to present the rings during their ceremony.  As part of the wedding party, Bunny and Lila felt like superstars (as seen through the lens of their photographer very soon, fo' sure).  Both of my girls are counting the days until we return to Denver for Christmas.  And this makes me really think that sometimes family isn't blood related.  The support that I've had from these friends, for 20+ years, really makes me feel grateful to them.  I don't know how to emphasize this emotion enough, so I have to state it simply.  I love my friends deeply.  Not only was I able to spend a good amount of time with Siet and Mathew, but I was also able to see my friend Talissa and my friend Jennifer and to catch up with my friend Brian, who I had lost touch with.  All over the boards, I returned home feeling like a million bucks!  I can not wait to return!

Enjoy a few pictures from our trip to Denver for Mathew's wedding!
























2 comments:

  1. I have been so out of the loop due to being buried under textbooks since September and my Google reader has been a bit of a douche. It's so nice to see so many fun pics here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WE've been way too out of touch! When you find time, send me an email and let me know what's going on with you!

    ReplyDelete