About Me

My photo
Concord, California, United States
I am a sometimes-writer, everyday mama, creative failure and experimental cook. I am interested in living a beautiful life, spending time with my family and making things that I can feel proud of. When I'm by myself I'm usually outside. Don't bother calling because chances are that I didn't bring my cell phone because I couldn't find it. If you see me walking, it's because I lost my keys and if you see me with only one child... I'm probably in big trouble.

Friday, October 19, 2012

Fun Friday

I am going into Lila's class this afternoon to make this Halloween craft with the kids.  Every so often, her teacher will schedule a block of time during the day on Friday so that parents can come in and do something with the kids.  Last year Jay and I went in and read Bartholomew and the Oobleck and made Oobleck.  This year, I'm going in with another mom and we're making these pumpkins.

They are super easy to make and so so cute!

All you need to have is a pumpkin, black felt (cut into whatever shape that you want to use for your mouth) cheesecloth cut into strips that measure 2 yards in length, craft glue and googlie eyes.

First glue on the felt mouth.  Next, lightly dab glue (we are using cotton balls to do this) all over the pumpkin.  Next, wrap the cheesecloth around.  I find that it's easiest to bring the cheesecloth to the back and start in the center of it.  Then wrap both ends around the pumpkin.  Finally, glue on your eyes.

This end result is very cute.  It's easy enough for even toddlers to do and crafty enough for older kids.  They can cut their own cheesecloth and mouth shapes.

I think that the kids are really going to love this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment